Heart+Mind Strategies is seeking a Strategy Manager to join our team of global human decision-making experts. This role is part business consultant, part communications planner, part insights creator, and part trend watcher. We look at the interconnectedness of the human system, understanding the cultural forces and market dynamics that impact human choice, helping us reframe brands, issues, or organizations through the human story.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a Strategy Manager, this role will rely heavily on both analytical skills and creativity to identify ways to create solutions to address client needs. This role will collaborate with researchers to shape insights and leverage those insights to shape, inform and implement strategic solutions.
Reporting to the Senior Strategy Director, and multi-tasking over several projects, a key focus of the role will be to translate consumer trends and insights into ideas and frameworks that will guide the client’s thinking about their brand, product or experience. Strategy Managers have a passion for understanding cultural trends in the context of the human system and for analyzing insights to identify storylines and craft strategic solutions for brands to weave themselves more meaningfully into people’s lives. This role must thrive in a collaborative environment, while also being comfortable working alone.
- Leverage consumer and cultural trends to create and present ‘intelligence’ reports on human and market dynamics.
- Provides input on the strategy approach of incorporating consumer and business perspective to meet objectives.
- Supports synthesis of primary and secondary research from user, business and competitive/analogous industries to generate ideas, value propositions, positioning and product/service solution.
- Utilizes qualitative and quantitative insights to develop narratives/storylines based on market intelligence, primary research, and category trends.
- Produces cohesive and intelligent frameworks and plans to bring success to our clients’ endeavors.
- Contributes to the development of questionnaires, discussion guides, and analytical plans.
- Shares strong perspectives on their industry, consumer, marketing and business strategies to guide and inspire client teams.
- Supports strategy workshops to align on business/campaign goals, socialize strategic solutions, evolve client thinking.
- Develops and manages project plans and execution teams on consulting projects.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to ensure quality of project deliverables.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Five or more years of both insights and planning experience.
- Ability to think at both macro and micro levels—to see the client challenge in the big picture.
- A passion for creativity, culture, and understanding how people think/interact.
- Curiosity and adaptability.
- The flexibility to work over several projects and balance your workload.
- Flexible, collaborative working style and be welcoming of differing perspectives.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, consultative process to uncover insights and opportunities that inform clients’ business and communication decisions, as well as the design of products, services, and experiences.
- Brand planning experience supporting research and strategy projects including value proposition, positioning, and communication architecture.
- Familiarity with formal processes for building and evolving businesses over time and uncovering deep consumer insights.
- Proven ability to use qualitative and quantitative research to develop strategies
- Experience interviewing, moderating, facilitating client and consumer interviews is a bonus.
- Experience working in issues and advocacy or healthcare is a bonus.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Heart+Mind Strategies is a research-led consulting firm that uncovers how people think, feel and make decisions, and uses that to help clients apply these insights to achieve their specific goals. Our scientific approach to understanding how individual and societal values influence decision-making is why many leading global brands and organizations work with us.
We are headquartered in Reston, VA.