Heart+Mind Strategies, one of the world’s leading companies specializing in research-driven and strategic communications, public policy, reputation and brand strategy consulting, seeks a senior level strategy consultant to join our Brand + Communications Practice. This practice reframes companies and brands through the human story, by identifying the most powerful ways brands can build opportunity, weaving themselves more meaningfully into the lives of the consumers and stakeholders who matter most to their success.
The position requires an individual with sales, consulting, and strategy experience who can develop and grow a book of business primarily built from their own contacts and relationships, with support from Heart+Mind Strategies marketing services. You will work alongside a practice of senior consultants, research-based insights experts and strategists as you form and grow long-term client relationships and provide ongoing account management and consultative support, in addition to research driven insights and strategy.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
A Senior Strategy Consultant has three primary roles within the Heart+Mind Strategies organization:
- To source and generate profitable revenue
- Lead Heart+Mind client engagement teams throughout the relationship and project lifecycles–including framing/discovery, insight development from secondary and/or primary research, solution mapping, strategic asset development, delivery, and consultation.
- In collaboration with the Brand + Communications practice, develop future strategy solutions based on company direction, market opportunity and client needs.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Five or more years of insights and strategy sales and consulting experience, driving annual revenue of a minimum of one million dollars with year over year growth
- Expertise in engagements that deliver insights and strategic assets across a Brand System (Brand Definition, Positioning, Identity, Experience, Innovation, Communications, Messaging, Performance, etc.)
- Practical hands-on consulting experience and applying strategic deliverables to enable activation (marketing planning, organizational alignment, etc.)
- Proven experience building net new and expanding existing client relationships, and an expectation that some current client relationships may be integrated into your position at the company.
SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYEES EXHIBIT:
- Passion for helping clients make better business decisions and delivering solutions that foster brand and company growth.
- Keen understanding of how the interplay of insights and strategy can create more powerful results, deliverables, and consulting for a client.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Expertise in sales, pitching, story-telling/ presenting insights and recommendations to executive level client teams, and leading workshops.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and delegate effectively.
- Strong internal culture, people, and collaborative skills.
If you are interested in starting or continuing your career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Heart+Mind Strategies is a research-led consulting firm that uncovers how people think, feel and make decisions, and uses that to help clients apply these insights to achieve their specific goals. Our scientific approach to understanding how individual and societal values influence decision-making is why many leading global brands and organizations work with us.
We are headquartered in Reston, VA.