Heart+Mind Strategies, a research-led consultancy, seeks a senior consultant to join our Public Policy Practice. The position requires an individual who is curious about the perceptions and experiences of citizens, and passionate about helping government agencies meet citizen needs through sound policy decisions. This position has primary responsibilities in sales and consulting, therefore manages and grows a book of business built from their own contacts as well as clients at Heart+Mind Strategies. You will work with a team of consultant-researchers and strategists to form long-term client relationships by providing ongoing consultative support in addition to research driven insights.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
A Senior Consultant has three primary roles within the Heart+Mind Strategies organization:
- To source, generate and deliver profitable sales and revenue
- Lead Heart+Mind client teams throughout the research, consulting, and strategy/activation process, including framing/discovery, secondary research, primary research design and execution, synthesis, solution mapping, report development, delivery, and consultation.
- Develop future leaders through mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Six (6) or more years of market research experience—vendor, client side or both – working in the public policy space.
- Demonstrated consultative sales experience. The position includes annual sales and revenue targets. The consultant will work with one of Heart+Mind Strategies’ founding partners to meet sales and revenue goals each year.
- Subject matter expertise in: US lawmaking institutions and the legislative process and practices, US government institutions, bureaus, and federal agencies, roles and players involved in the public policy, key dynamics of political and policy issues, political organizations, think tanks, foundations and judicial and constitutional issues and processes and basic demographic and political composition of issue constituencies and coalitions.
- Expertise in primary research methods (qualitative and quantitative), analysis and interpretation of results, and recommendations for implementation.
- Practical experience applying insights to drive strategic planning for marketing communications, branding, customer experience, product development, and/or innovation.
- Proven experience building and maintaining successful client relationships and an expectation that some current client relationships can be integrated into your position at the company.
SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYEES EXHIBIT:
- Passion for helping clients make decisions by monitoring, analyzing, and integrating multiple sources of data (secondary, behavioral tracking, sales, primary research, social listening, etc.).
- Keen understanding of how the interplay of insights and strategy can create a more powerful result for a client.
- Outstanding moderating and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable presenting insights and recommendations to executive level client teams.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and delegate effectively.
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills.
If you are interested in starting or continuing your career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Heart+Mind Strategies is a research-led consulting firm that uncovers how people think, feel and make decisions, and uses that to help clients apply these insights to achieve their specific goals. Our scientific approach to understanding how individual and societal values influence decision-making is why many leading global brands and organizations work with us.
We are headquartered in Reston, VA.