Heart+Mind Strategies is seeking an Insights Director to join our team of global human decision-making experts. This role is fundamentally focused on research-based insights creation, reporting to our Brand + Communications Practice SVP and working within a team of insights and strategy experts. The practice reframes companies and brands through the human story, by identifying the most powerful ways brands can build opportunity, weaving themselves more meaningfully into the lives of the consumers and stakeholders who matter most to their success.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Insights Director is the champion of the humans our clients seek to understand and engage, ensuring your internal partners (research, strategists, and senior consultants) and our clients’ have the best-in-class human insights by designing and facilitating all phases of brand and communications projects for high profile clients in a variety of industries.
The ability to interact with prospective clients is a must as the Insights Director is expected to provide significant support in business development activities through capabilities presentations, proposal development, and engagement design.
The role is a busy one as it is expected to multi-task over several projects ensuring quality is never compromised. Insights Directors have a passion for understanding business issues in context of the human system – analyzing insights to ensure strategic solutions create powerful stories and opportunities for brands to weave themselves more meaningfully into people’s lives. This role must thrive in a collaborative environment, while also being comfortable working alone.
- Partner with Senior Consultants and Strategists: Collaborate from start to finish to ensure the research is designed, analyzed, and delivered in a way that allows us to provide the best guidance to our clients and address their business needs.
- Lead research design: from engagement outcomes to research design to analysis planning. Design to produce high-quality, rock-solid research that is laser-focused on client business issues and the strategic recommendations/solutions we will deliver.
- Lead analysis and strategic insights development: Lead a thorough analysis to ensure a robust understanding of the results. Refine observations into meaningful insights that provide clarity about the business issues at hand. Develop strategic imperatives for what the client needs to do.
- Craft compelling deliverables: In collaboration with Senior Consultant and Strategists, develop deliverables that tell the clear and meaningful story of the results, what they mean for the client and that support our strategic recommendations/solutions.
- Partner with Senior Consultants to go after and win new accounts and/or projects.
- Present to senior client stakeholders and facilitate client workshops.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, partners, and agencies to ensure quality of project deliverables.
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Ten or more years of primary market research and insights experience; supplier side is preferable (market research, insights, consulting, agency).
- A deep understanding and appreciation for the creative process brought by brand planners, strategists and senior consultants.
- In-depth working knowledge of primary quantitative and qualitative research methods and a proven ability to lead and execute marketing research projects and consult on complex business issues.
- Experience in delivering actionable insights and helping shape insights into strategy.
- The ability to adapt and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
- Proven ability to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organization or job requirements.
- The desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative, consultative process to uncover insights and opportunities that inform clients’ business, brand and communication decisions, as well as the design of products, services, and experiences.
- Experience interviewing, moderating, facilitating client and stakeholder interviews.
- Strong communication skills that allow one to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Strong business acumen, organization skills, and people and workload management experience
If you are interested in starting or continuing your career with us, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart+Mind Strategies is a research-led consulting firm that uncovers how people think, feel and make decisions, and uses that to help clients apply these insights to achieve their specific goals. Our scientific approach to understanding how individual and societal values influence decision-making is why many leading global brands and organizations work with us.
We are headquartered in Reston, VA.